Naviance is a web-based system our district uses for college and career readiness, college applications, and the High School and Beyond plan. All students who are actively enrolled already have an account. Parents do not have accounts, but can ask their students to share what they are doing in Naviance. Here is the process for logging in:
- Website: https://goo.gl/KtjBJK
- Username: Student ID #
- Password: 8 digit birthdate, no dashes or slashes
In addition to a students GPA, course selections and involvement in extracurricular activities, 4-year colleges and universities take a solid look at how students do on either the SAT or ACT when making admission decisions.
Inglemoor's CEEB code is 480101. You will need this number when registering for the SAT or ACT.
Scholarships are offered through the Scholarship Foundation of Northshore, a local nonprofit organization. The application form for these scholarships is called "Standard Scholarship Foundation of Northshore Application" and is available only online at www.sf-ns.org.
Applicants for these scholarships must reside within Northshore School District boundaries or be attending Northshore high schools on an approved waiver.
It is acceptable to duplicate the application if applying for more than one foundation scholarship which asks for the same application information. Transcripts need not be official or sealed.
CAREFULLY READ THE CRITERIA AND APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR EACH SCHOLARSHIP BEFORE COMPLETING AN APPLICATION.
Visit the Scholarship Foundation of Northshore website for more information.
If you are applying to multiple private colleges, we ask that you use the Common Application. It will save you, your counselor, and your teachers quite a bit of time. Visit the Common to see which colleges use the Common App. Create an account and get started. The website has a Help Center which is a great resource if you have questions.
The form below includes directions on how to invite your counselor to complete the Common App School Report. If you need a counselor letter of recommendation to accompany your school report, make an appointment with your counselor for further instructions.
Common App Invite Instructions
Inviting your counselor to complete the online school report for Common Application
- Complete every section in the Education tab first Be sure to enter your counselor's name and email correctly.
- Once you have chosen colleges to apply to, go to the My Colleges tab, click one one of the colleges you are applying to, and select Assign Recommenders.
- Complete the FERPA Release Authorization.
- Click Invite Counselor to have your counselor complete the School Report form which includes a Letter of Recommendation.
- Fill out the counselor information. Again, be sure that the counselor name and email is typed in correctly or your counselor will not receive the invitation.
- Once everything is entered, click Send Invite and an email will be sent directly to your counselor. Your counselor will fill out your online School Report form, upload your official transcript, and submit your counselor Letter of Recommendation. You DO NOT need to order an official transcript from the counseling office, we will upload it online.
- For the Letter of Recommendation, we do require that you make an appointment with your counselor to formally ask that they write you a Letter of Recommendation.
NOTE: Public colleges do not require school report forms or counselor letters of recommendation. The information below is for students applying to private colleges through the Common Application or on the college's own online application.
School Report Form
For the Common Application and certain other private school applications, a school report form is required. The school report includes information about your classes, GPA, and transcript (we upload it so you don't have to order one separately). If you invite your counselor to complete the school report form online, we will complete it automatically.
Counselor Letter of Recommendation
Some Common Application and private schools ask for a counselor letter of recommendation while others don't. You will need to find out if any of the colleges you are applying to require a counselor letter, and if so, you will need to make an appointment with your counselor at least one month prior to the first application deadline. Your counselor would like to interview you, discuss the need for the letter, and give you a packet to fill out. If we receive an online request but you don't make an appointment, we will complete the school report but will not include a letter of recommendation. Letters take quite a bit of time and effort so we ask that requests only be made if the colleges you are applying to require a counselor letter of recommendation.