Girls Soccer Pictures
2019-2020 Girls Soccer Season Starts
Mandatory Parent Meeting
September 3, 2019 at 7:00pm
Inglemoor High School
2019 Girls Soccer Pre-Season Agenda
- asst. coach – Julie Sogge
- asst. coach – Roland Peekel
- If you need to contact me over the summer, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may contact me directly through the Team app
- I will be sending out additional information via email and through the team app. Please download TEAM by MaxPreps on the Appstore or Google Play, then link in to the team account with the code BARDY-CURET.
- compete and cooperate
- be resilient
- fitness will be built into the activities, however there will be fitness testing during tryouts
- be accountable for yourself, and help your teammates be accountable for themselves.
- there is no guarantee for varsity playing time during the conference schedule and any playoff games – all eligible players will play during all jv and jvc game barring extenuating circumstances, the amount of playing time is not guaranteed
- Summer Training – optional but highly recommended
- you must complete the athletic packet on Final Forms before you can participate in summer training (the sports physical may be turned in to the athletic department if you cannot upload it to the site)
- you can access Final Forms on the IHS Athletics webpage
- practices begin July 9 – July 31 and are held Tues., Wed., and Thurs., mornings 9 - 11
- there will be no practice the week of June 24 – 28, July 1 - 5
- each practice will consist of weight training / ACL injury prevention and field time
- you do not have to pay the fees until tryouts are completed
- as soon as you are placed on a team after tryouts, turn in the athletic fee of $154 and the ASB fee of $60 to the bookkeeper
- if you need assistance with the fees, please talk with Mr. Desautels
- Fitness testing and technical work
- you are expected to show up in shape to tryouts on Aug. 26
- if you have to play your way fit during the season, it will likely cost you playing time and may result in not making a team
- Captain’s may run practices in Aug., times and dates TBD, again optional, but attend as many as you can
- train on your own, both running and ball work, especially your non-dominant foot AND playing balls out of the air
- get groups of players together and just go play, the game is the best teacher
- Tryouts August 26 – 28 from 3:30 - 5:30 for all freshmen, new sophomores and returning JVC players, 5:00 - 7:00 for all returning varsity and JV players as well as new juniors and seniors. If you have conflicts with the session you are assigned to, please communicate that to me. If you are unsure which session to attend, please contact me and I will clarify that for you. Players may be moved from the first session to the second session each day. If cuts are necessary, they will be announced on Thursday, August 29 during practice. This gives us a full three days to evaluate each player. Tryout days count in to the 10 practices. Please check the athletic website as times may change.
- You have three months to coordinate your schedule to make these sessions.
- You must have 10 practices before the first game which is tentatively scheduled for Sept. 10 vs. Overlake we have 11 scheduled practices prior to this game.
- We will play Sept. 10, Sept. 12, Sept. 14, Sept. 17, Sept. 19, and Sept. 21
- Upon selection to the pool, you will be ordered a training/warm up shirt and socks, the cost is approximately $40
- Practice will be held every day. Times for Aug. 29 and 30 will be announced soon. There will be no practices over Labor Day Weekend. Beginning Sept. 3, practice will go from 3:15 – 5:00 for varsity and jv, jvc times will be announced soon. These times may change once the official school day has been announced.