The Activity Coordinator/ASB Advisor can be reached before school, during lunches or after school in the ASB office (located in the Student Center next to the ASB Bookkeeper's office).
Feel free to email us at email@example.com or call us at 425-408-7226.
Directions for establishing an ASB Club/Activity
In order to become an ASB sanctioned club or activity, you must to each of the following:
- Fill out the attached ASB Official Club/Activity form, that indicates that you MUST:
- Have 6 students with ASB cards actively interested in starting and participating in the club.
- Have a faculty advisor who is willing to attend all club meetings and functions and their signature.
- Have indicated meeting days, times, and places as well as having a written mission statement and written goals and objectives.
(Note that the “ASB Official Club/Activity” forms can be found online or in the ASB office)
- Submit the completed application form to the IHS ASB Mailbox in the main office or to the ASB office in the student center. From there it will be picked up by the IHS ASB and taken to the next ASB Exec meeting for discussion.
- Have your Club President attend a scheduled ASB Exec meeting in order to present your proposed club to the executive team. This action is required and also explained on the Club form.
- If approved by the ASB executive board, the club will be submitted to the Staff Leadership team for approval.
- If approved by the Staff Leadership team, the club will be submitted to the next ASB general meeting for ASB approval.
- All clubs are required to create and turn in a Club Constitution/Bylaws to the ASB within 1 month of approval.
- All clubs are required to create a complete contact info sheet of all their members within 1 month of approval. This must include: name, student number, grade, ASB card purchased, phone number & email address. Also, please note officers and titles/positions.
- All clubs must keep minutes of all activities they participate in and funds that are spend, brought in or donated. Minutes need to be turned in with all purchases for approval. A blank minutes form is available on the ASB website or in the ASB office.
- All clubs must turn in a Budget form in the spring for a plan of spending for the following year. This is a plan for your expenses, spending, revenue, and notes for carry-over funds.