Advanced Placement (AP)
- AP Exams, Classes & Info
- AP Exam Registration Process and Join codes
- AP Exam Schedule
- Late Registration
- Need Accommodations?
- MAY AP TESTING WEEK INFORMATION! Read me!
AP classes are rigorous academic courses designed for students who are college bound. Students self-select these courses and should be prepared to work at a college-level pace to manage the greater challenge. Students in AP classes have the option of signing up for the AP exams which are produced and managed by the CollegeBoard. Students do not need to take an AP course to take the exams. They can take other advanced courses or just study independently.
AP exams are recognized by colleges and universities with regard to a student's preparation for the demands of college courses. AP exams often present an opportunity for college credit and/or higher placement in college courses. Each college decides which AP exam grades it will accept for credit or placement.
The AP exams are offered in May of each year.
AP Exam information can be found below.
*The AP exams are offered to Northshore School District students in May of each year. Registration and payment options *without* late fees (of $40/per test) will close November 15th at 8:59 pm.
Every AP student should keep their options open by registering for the exam on time - by Nov. 15th! - because there will be a $40 fee for late orders.
Students - Create a College Board Account: Students will need a College Board account to join their AP class section, receive AP assignments from teachers, get feedback on class progress, and register for AP exams (note: parents should not create an account for the student). If you don’t have a student account, go to www.collegeboard.org/register and use your SCHOOL @apps.nsd.org email!
Already Have a College Board Account? All College Board programs are connected through one account. If an account was created for AP, PSAT/NMSQT or SAT, you just need your username and password to sign in. (You can retrieve lost passwords).
Advanced Placement Exam Registration & Payment is a two-step process (Both parts must be completed for each AP exam to be registered, ordered, and paid for).
- STEP 1: Students will need to login or create a College Board account via myap.collegeboard.org. Students will also need a “join code” (see all join codes at the bottom of this communication) given to them by their AP teacher in order to join a class section. Note: An exam cannot be ordered for you until you complete Step 1!
IHS Students do not need to be enrolled in an AP course to take an AP exam. If you want to take an AP exam and are not enrolled in an AP course, you will still need a join code to register, order, and pay for an exam. If you want to take an exam that is not listed on the site with a join code, please contact Julie Westerbeck firstname.lastname@example.org to get a join code issued.
- STEP 2: Beginning early October, Students will PAY for their AP exam fees via TotalRegistration.net/AP/480101 Note: An exam cannot be fully ordered and paid for you until you complete Step 1! (The College Board does not accept payment when registering for an AP exam so we have to use a second party to accept and track exam payment.). Please use the SAME student NAME and EMAIL as you used on Collegeboard.org!
IMPORTANT DEADLINES AND INFORMATION
- AP Registration Payment Deadline: November 15th 2022 by 9pm Pacific Time.
- It is recommended that students use their Northshore email account (@apps.nsd.org) when registering for both Total Registration and the College Board. Failure to use the same NSD email on both sites may cause a student to not get the correct AP exam.
- AP exams will cost approximately $108. This must be paid for by November 15th to avoid having to pay a late exam order fee ($40).
- Late registration fee mandated by College Board: Students MAY register for an AP exam AFTER November 15th and up until approximately March 5th, but will have to pay an additional $40 per exam late order fee. (Ability to sign up and pay for exams closes about 1 week *before* March 15. Please plan accordingly!)
- Any students who qualify for Free & Reduced Lunch are eligible for a fee waiver and will not have to pay for an AP exam. See your counselor. Also, click this link for the OSPI AP/IB Financial Help form with 4 ways to qualify for Financial Aid.
Questions? Contact Julie Westerbeck email@example.com for general questions regarding AP Exam Registration.
EXAM DATES/INFORMATION/JOIN CODES
- To View AP Test Date Calendar click here: https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/exam-administration-ordering-scores/exam-dates
- Exact exam locations will be determined and communicated at a later date closer to Spring - in advance of the exam dates.
- Inglemoor High School AP course join codes are available at the link below. If you do not see a join code for an AP exam you want to take, please contact Julie Westerbeck firstname.lastname@example.org
Click for Join Codes (request additional exam only codes as needed at email@example.com)
A detailed schedule of exams to be hosted at IHS and other local buildings will be shared here when exam season nears.
2023 info below. 2024 Info coming in Semester 2
Taking AP exam(s) this May? You need to let me know ASAP if you have a conflict with your IB exams.
Consult this schedule of AP exams which shows date and time of AP exams.
FYI: IHS may host only the AP exams for AP courses offered here (AP Stats, AP US History, AP World History: Modern, AP Environmental Science, AP English Literature and Comp, AP English Language and Comp). All other “exam only” tests may hosted in the Northshore school district. You will get emails about this after April break telling you where your exam will be. The date/time of all AP exams are listed accurately on the link above.
Look at the IB testing information on this link.
If you cannot take an AP exam at the date/time listed because you are taking an IB exam at the same date/time, please let me know the details, and I can schedule you for the AP LATE TESTING DATE you can see these on this link. Please email me ASAP to be signed up to take the AP test at the Late date. I will email a form too - the form will ask you Which AP test/s are you taking? And Which IB test/s are you taking?
IF you are taking an IB exam during the AP LATE TESTING DATE (same date/time as an IB exam), OR if you have 2 Late AP exams you need to take and they are scheduled at the exact same time/date, you will be scheduled for the EXCEPTION AP Test Date. You need to give me those details ASAP at my email or on a google form I share out to your school email.
Which AP test/s are you taking?
Which IB test/s are you taking?
FYI - The exception testing date will be in late May
Questions? Contact me through email firstname.lastname@example.org or come into the library.
Students may register for an AP exam AFTER November 15th, 2022 and up until about March 6th, but will have to pay an additional $40 per exam late order fee. The late registration fee is mandated by College Board. (The ability to register and pay closes approximately 1 week *before* the March 15 deadline. Please plan accordingly!)
Do you need to request ACCOMMODATIONS for the AP Exam?
Advanced Placement Exam Accommodations - Deadline January 8 to IHS!
Any student who has signed up for an AP Exam in spring, AND QUALIFIES FOR TESTING ACCOMMODATIONS, please read below.
Students with documented disabilities may be eligible for accommodations on AP Exams, such as:
- Braille exam format
- Assistive technology–compatible (ATC) exam format
- Large-print exam format
- Extended time
- Extra breaks
- Large-block answer sheets
- Permission to use a computer for typing essays
- Permission to use a magnification device (electronic or non-electronic)
- A human reader to dictate questions
- A writer/scribe to record responses
- A written copy of oral instructions
To take an AP Exam with accommodations, a student must be approved for accommodations by the College Board SSD office.
IHS students should email our counselor, Devin Blanchard (email@example.com), to apply for accommodations on the AP Exam(s). All requests for accommodations and, when required, complete documentation must be submitted to Ms. Blanchard by January 8.
Coordinate with your student's IEP teacher when needed. Questions can be sent to Julie Westerbeck firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 instructions below. Stay tuned for 2024 directions in the spring
Here is the exam schedule -
Here is all the rest of the information you need to know. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EGc3B_m4d3Z_0agxkpLO0uQmlywU2c5CuLakf6rzb-0/edit?usp=sharing
Please email with questions and be ON TIME! 7:30am for morning tests, and 11:30am for 12 noon tests!
All of this information was sent to your email you used in Total Registration.