Advanced Placement (AP)
Students may register for an AP exam AFTER November 15th, 2022 and up until March 15th, 2023, but will have to pay an additional $40 per exam late order fee. The late registration fee is mandated by College Board.
Do you need to request ACCOMMODATIONS for the AP Exam?
Advanced Placement Exam Accommodations - Deadline January 16 to IHS, Jan. 18th to College Board site.
Any student who has signed up for an AP Exam in spring, AND QUALIFIES FOR TESTING ACCOMMODATIONS, please read below.
Students with documented disabilities may be eligible for accommodations on AP Exams, such as:
- Braille exam format
- Assistive technology–compatible (ATC) exam format
- Large-print exam format
- Extended time
- Extra breaks
- Large-block answer sheets
- Permission to use a computer for typing essays
- Permission to use a magnification device (electronic or non-electronic)
- A human reader to dictate questions
- A writer/scribe to record responses
- A written copy of oral instructions
To take an AP Exam with accommodations, a student must be approved for accommodations by the College Board SSD office.
IHS students should email our counselor, Devin Blanchard (email@example.com), to apply for accommodations on the AP Exam(s). All requests for accommodations and, when required, complete documentation must be submitted to Ms. Blanchard by January 16, 2023.
Coordinate with your student's IEP teacher when needed. Questions can be sent to Julie Westerbeck firstname.lastname@example.org